Job Title: Controller
FSLP Category: Salaried – 75% time
Reports to: President
This job will appeal to a hands-on accounting professional. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, willing to take on a variety tasks, and enjoy initiating process improvements. Responsibilities include general accounting, cash management, financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, compliance and risk management, contract management, human resources administration, and building management. The Controller is also a member of the Leadership Team. This position is 75% time with scheduling flexibility and reports to the President.
Hertzler Systems Inc. is a leading provider of Statistical Process Control, Operational Intelligence, and analytic software systems to manufacturing companies. Our mission is to help our customers turn data into actionable intelligence so they can become wildly successful. We foster an “open door” culture with a family-feel and aim to hire individuals who embody our core values:
- Make customers wildly successful
- Embrace and lead change
- Build strength on strength
- Work hard, have fun
- Be direct, honest, & consistent
- Be humble
- Member of Leadership Team.
- Maintain the general ledger and perform month-end closings and reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements and maintain key performance indicators.
- Analyze and present financial results to management and staff.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process and quarterly revisions.
- Prepare for annual review of financial statements by independent CPAs.
- Manage cash and investments to maximize returns and minimize risks.
- Supervise A/R, A/P and invoicing processes.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage employee benefit plans and maintain employee handbook.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Prepare property tax returns, sales tax returns for multiple states, and 1099s.
- Oversee risk management.
- Evaluate and maintain third party service contracts.
- Coordinate sub-leasing agreement for building.
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience, supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to think and plan strategically as well as work tactically to accomplish goals.
- Energetic, organized, with strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Natural collaborator.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills, and familiarity with accounting software packages. Experience with Sage 50 is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Hertzler Systems Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Desc – Controller 2018-04 of this document in a new window.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and a letter summarizing relevant education and work experience to:
Hertzler Systems Inc.