Data Project Specialist
Job Title: Data Project Specialist
FSLP Category: Salaried/Exempt
Department: Client Services Department
Reports to: VP of Services
This job will appeal to someone who enjoys using logic and solving problems in a wide variety of manufacturing settings. The ideal candidate for the Data Project Specialist position will have experience with programming, databases or software support. The candidate will also have a high level of technical competence in the areas of information technology (IT) as well as excellent communication skills and “people” skills. Experience designing quality control inspections and well versed with statistics, SPC, Six Sigma, or similar methodologies would be a plus.
Ready for a new challenge combining the application of technology in manufacturing with advanced problem solving? Hertzler Systems Inc. is a leading provider of business software solutions and we have an opportunity to join our team. We offer a Dynamic Work Environment empowering employees to do great work from distributed workplaces. Team members enjoy flexible work hours, competitive compensation and benefits package.
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the VP of Services and is part of a team providing training, deployment, integration services, and technical support for Hertzler’s proprietary software products.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – the ability to talk to people about technical details at a level they can comprehend as well as the ability to communicate professionally in written form
- Proven track record in a team environment, yet able to function independently when needed
- Process oriented and able to document activities
- Ability to creatively connect clients’ business issues with possible solutions using Hertzler products
- High level of computer literacy.
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Understanding of SQL queries and databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and/or Oracle).
- Experience supporting cloud-based applications is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, and networks is a plus
- Experience with HTML or Adobe Design Suite (or comparable design studio) is a plus.
- Experience in the Manufacturing Quality field – familiarity with SPC, APQP, Six Sigma, etc is a plus.
- Provide software implementation and integration services remotely and at client sites (may require up to 40% travel).
- Provide support to clients, prospects, and marketing partners on Hertzler software products.
- Consult with clients on setting up and maintaining data collection systems
- Provide remote and in-person classes to clients
Other duties as required, may include:
- Projects involving software specification, design, testing and documentation
- Stay current with technology and technology issues
- Assist with the development of training materials
Salary & Benefits
Hertzler Systems Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Open a pdf version of this document in a new window.
How to Apply
You can submit an electronic resume via email to email@example.com referencing which position you are applying for.