Data Project Specialist
Job Title: Data Project Specialist
FSLP Category: Salaried/Exempt
Department: Customer Service Department
Reports to: VP of Services
This job will appeal to someone who enjoys using logic and solving problems in a wide variety of settings. The ideal candidate for the Data Project Specialist position will have experience with programming, databases or software support. The candidate will also have a high level of technical competence in the areas of information technology (IT) as well as excellent communication skills and “people” skills. Experience designing quality control inspections and well versed with statistics, SPC, Six Sigma, or similar methodologies would be a plus. This is a full-time, salaried position.
This position reports to the VP of Services and is responsible for providing training, deployment, integration services, and technical support for Hertzler’s proprietary software products. Hertzler Systems Inc. is a leading provider of business software solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – the ability to talk to people about technical details at a level they can comprehend as well as the ability to communicate professionally in written form.
- Proven track record in a team environment, yet able to function independently when needed.
- Process oriented and able to document activities.
- Ability to creatively connect customers’ business issues with possible solutions using Hertzler products.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Experience with programming languages; knowledge of VB or Python.
- Understanding of SQL queries and databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and/or Oracle).
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, and networks; IT experience is a plus.
- Experience with HTML or Adobe Design Suite (or comparable design studio) is a plus.
- Experience in the Manufacturing Quality field – familiarity with SPC, APQP, Six Sigma, etc is a plus.
- Provide support to customers, prospects, and marketing partners on Hertzler software products.
- Consult with customers on setting up and maintaining data collection systems.
- Provide customer training in public classes or at customer sites.
- Provide software implementation and integration services at customer sites (may require up to 60% travel).
Other duties as required, may include:
- Projects involving software specification, design and testing
- Stay current with technology and technology issues
- Develop training materials
- Assist with writing and/or editing software manuals
Salary & Benefits
Hertzler Systems Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Open a pdf version of this document in a new window.
How to Apply
You can submit an electronic resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing which position you are applying for.