Hertzler Releases GainSeeker 8.8
GOSHEN, INDIANA October 18, 2017—Hertzler Systems Inc. has released the latest version of its flagship GainSeeker® Suite SPC Software. The latest release builds on the manufacturing intelligence platform to improve analytical tools, enable analytics on external data, and make some common features easier to access.
The company’s primary product, GainSeeker® Suite SPC software, and related services provide better visibility of production data so that clients can capture data at all stages of the manufacturing supply chain process. Users can generate analytics that enable optimization within and across multiple production facilities. This increases clients’ capacity to respond to problems and uncover hidden opportunities to increase revenue, grow operating margins, and improve asset performance.
Dashboards for External Data
A few customers already use GainSeeker to analyze different types of data, not just quality and production data collected from the manufacturing plant floor. However, they had to pull this data in from other systems and also store it in GainSeeker. With version 8.8, Hertzler enhanced their Dashboards to be able to analyze and visualize external data without requiring it to be stored in GainSeeker’s database. Craig Glick Miller, a Technical Project Manager for Hertzler Systems, says, “We have been helping customers pull data into GainSeeker for a long time. External data lets you do it on the fly, making the whole process simpler and faster.” Scheduling, production, on-time delivery, financials, and more can be connected to GainSeeker Dashboards and displayed throughout the facility.
Some data needs to be transformed, calculated, or combined with other data to be useful. GainSeeker Dashboards open up a world of possibilities with external data and scripting bringing more information into a single utility.
Ease of Use
Several features have been enhanced to make the application easier to use and data easier to analyze, including:
- Paired sample analysis is back, making it easier to compare two different data sets and analyze interactions and relationships in the manufacturing process.
- From a Pareto chart, a simple right-click option gives access to a DPU chart for that defect. The top defect may have the highest rate, but it is improving over time? Now it is easier to determine.
- DPU charts include second-level grouping to enable quicker analysis across multiple criteria, including time.
- Dashboard retrievals have been optimized to be more responsive when loading large data sets, reducing wait times for a Dashboard to load.
- Dashboard layout now makes it easy to create sections with improved vertical and horizontal lines. Dashboards are easier to read because common elements can be visually grouped together.
- A new ‘snap to grid’ feature when laying out dashboards makes it easier to line up visual elements. This makes it far easier to design pleasing (and more easily understood) dashboards.
- A new Chart toolbar groups all the commonly used chart settings in one convenient place. For people who frequently modify chart settings, this will be a significant time saver.
- The bulk editing feature makes it easier to change multiple rows of data at the same time.
About Hertzler Systems Inc.
Hertzler Systems has been a leader in Statistical Process Control, SPC software and Manufacturing Intelligence for over 30 years and serves a diverse customer base. Clients include Bobcat Company, Norman Noble, McCormick & Company, Inc., Snyder’s-Lance, Consolidated Container, and TaylorMade-Adidas Golf Worldwide.