Sales Development Representative
Job Title: Sales Development Representative
FSLP Category: Salary, exempt
Reports to: Vice President Business Development
This job will appeal to someone who enjoys connecting with people to solve problems in a wide variety of settings. The ideal candidate for the Sales Development Representative position will have a drive to meet new people, experience with business software, and a commitment to be a part of a winning team. The SDR is responsible for engaging with prospects and existing clients to support the work of the Account Manager(s) and the Technical Project Manager(s). This position requires minimal travel (less than 15%).
Hertzler Systems Inc. is a leading provider of Statistical Process Control, Operational Intelligence, and analytic software systems to manufacturing companies. Our mission is to help our customers turn data into actionable intelligence so they can become wildly successful. We foster an “open door” culture with a family-feel and aim to hire individuals who embody our core values:
- Make customers wildly successful
- Embrace and lead change
- Build strength on strength
- Work hard, have fun
- Be direct, honest, & consistent
- Be humble
- Partner with Account Manager(s) & Technical Project Manager(s) to strategically build the sales pipeline by identifying potential opportunities.
- Connect with 15 prospects/existing clients per week.
- Prospect for new sales opportunities in the existing Client Relationship Management System.
- Contact and qualify new leads via outbound calling and email.
- Set appointments, conference calls and/or demos with (prospective) clients and Account Manager. Hand off leads accordingly.
- Interact with internal CRM software to create, maintain entries and update information related to sales activities.
- Own Hertzler product fulfilment process for new sales, additional software seats and updates.
- Learn how customers use Hertzler products in real-world applications and be able to relate those stories in future opportunities.
- Learn Hertzler Systems software products for demonstration purposes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing, customer-focused team player.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Detail-oriented, thorough, organized and systematic.
- Aptitude for problem solving.
- Comfortable with statistics and their application.
- Basic understanding of business and manufacturing concepts.
- Productivity Software aptitude; Sales automation software experience a plus.
- Ability to creatively connect customers’ business issues with possible solutions using Hertzler products.
- Four Year college degree or relevant work experience
Success looks like
- Being an integral member of the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Maintaining the sales team pipeline with qualified leads to help drive sales growth.
- Relating Hertzler Systems client success stories to new opportunities.
- Engaging current clients to meet their needs, whatever those may be (checkups, eLearning, etc.).
- Getting details right. We deal with corporate customers and their buying processes. Accuracy is vital.
- Skillfully communicating via phone or video conferences.
Hertzler Systems Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Desc – Sales Development Rep Oct 18 – opens a more detailed job description in a new window.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and a letter summarizing relevant education and work experience to:
Hertzler Systems Inc.