November is the time to be thankful. So, I thought this would be a good reminder for the new little enhancement feature that may have been missed by many because of all the awesome stuff we are doing. I am thankful for the Dashboard Grid Summary property. This gem is located in the Dashboard module. Let’s take it step-by-step and create a Dashboard with a simple Dashboard Grid and include a summary. At the end of this blog is a video that ties it all together. This property is only available with versions 8.9x and above. (What a great reason to get your latest version!)
Create a New Dashboard
- From the Launch Pad, Click on GainSeeker Charts (1) and then the Dashboards module (2). See the corresponding image for reference.
- Click on New to create and name it Summary Example and click OK.
Add a Dashboard Grid control to our Dashboard
- At the bottom of the Dashboard are the 17 different Controls you can add to your Dashboard. Click on the Dashboard Grid Control.
- The Define Grid Rows and Columns is now displayed.
- Add 2 SPC columns: Real-Time failure count and Cpk.
- Change the date period to a meaningful date period such as last month or last week. Make sure the change the date for both columns. To make this easier, you can click in the date property and then click the set for all button.
- Add a filter (if desired) to limit the number of Standards that will show up. In my example I am only showing diameters. You may only want characteristics from one shift, or from one machine. Apply this filter for all columns.
- The Dashboard Grid Summary property is located at the bottom of the list. First, click on None in the Summary cell. This will bring the ellipsis buttons to click on. Here, choose what you would like to see in your Summary. Hold down the Control key to select multiple items. Set different summary options per column if you wish.
Video demonstration to create the Dashboard
I hope this information is something you can be thankful for. I would also like to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my own new page on our website!! We have a “Tech Tips Live Webinar” page now!!!! Not only does it show the next LIVE Webinar, but provides the videos to the past ones as well. January 19th is our next one. Have you signed up yet??? You better!
Just a reminder: Starting with version 8.9 Microsoft XP is NO LONGER SUPPORTED. If you have machines still on XP you cannot upgrade to versions 8.9 or greater. I am hoping that by now (since Microsoft has discontinued support for this a while back) you guys are just fine. Click here for a current list of our supported environments.
If you do not have GainSeeker yet, I urge you to schedule a demo! Oh, and if you tell them Jen sent ya, I will sit in on the demo with you to help answer any technical questions you may have.